SHARITA COVERS THE A TO Z'S OF HYPNOBIRTHING.
Having been established over 30 years ago HypnoBirthing® is a proven child birthing method. HypnoBirthing is a childbirth education program that combines the fundamentals of giving birth and the instruction of breathing, relaxation and visualization techniques. These techniques can be used no matter wherever you choose to birth whether that be at a hospital, a birth center or at your home.
HypnoBirthing with The Phoenix Doula
The HypnoBirthing course can take place in the comfort of your own home or in a relaxed group setting. It is taught in 2.5-hour classes over 5 consecutive weeks. When you take HypnoBirthing with The Phoenix Doula you will learn how to take the fear out of birthing; leaving you empowered and ready for baby's arrival. During each class we will use exciting and fun methods as you learn about childbirth and what to expect during your pregnancy.
When you take a class with The Phoenix Doula you will learn that your body will want you to push with it. As you give birth you’ll listen to your body. Sharita will teach you breath birthing which is self guided and very different from provider directed pushing.
The Phoenix Doula is a HypnoBirthing Parent too!
Sharita has given birth twice and both times she was able to use the relaxation, visualization and breathing techniques learned in HypnoBirthing to bring her children into the world. Sharita listened to her body, trusted her instincts and was able to breath baby down.
Empowers and instills confidence in parents through evidence-based childbirth education curriculum
Provides parents with techniques on how to achieve a gentle, calm birth (no matter the method of delivery)
Teaches how to achieve deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the causes of fear
Textbook (which includes an audio CD featuring relaxation and birth rehearsal imagery tracks)
Rainbow Relaxation CD (to practice with at home)
The Phoenix Doula is a Certified HypnoBirthing Educator
As a HypnoBirthing Childbirth Educator (HBCE) Sharita has distinguished herself through education, experience and dedication to the principles and philosophy of HypnoBirthing.
Setting the stage
- Introduction to the remarkable HypnoBirthing® philosophy
- The History of Women and Birthing
- Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing
- How Nature perfectly designed women’s bodies to birth
- How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
- The vocabulary for calm and gentle birthing.
- Visualizing gentle births by viewing beautiful birthing videos
Pre-birth family bonding and preparing your mind & body
- The remarkable mind of your newborn baby—Prenatal bonding techniques
- Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques
- Breathing techniques for labor and birthing
- Hypnotic relaxation and visualization
- Selecting the right care provider
- The Birth companion’s role in birthing
- Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
Self-hypnosis visualization and advanced deepening
- Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
- Preparing the Body for Birthing
- Light Touch Labor Massage
- Your body working for and with you
- Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labor
- Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts
Overview and summary of childbirth
- Onset of Labor – Thinning and Opening Phase
- Birth explained simply
- Settling in at the hospital or birthing center
- Preparing for home birth – or baby’s choice of birth
- As labor moves along – passing time through labor
- Hallmarks of labor
- If labor rests or slows – Companion’s prompts and activities
- As labor advances – birthing with your baby
- Protecting the natural birthing experience
- Birth rehearsal imagery
Birthing – The final act and bonding
- Moving into birthing
- Positions for descent and birthing
- Breathing baby down to birth
- Baby moves to the breast
- Family bonding with your baby